What Is The Yardstick Drill?
A well-hit putt will remain on its line. Practice hitting short and straight putts on a yardstick for instant feedback on whether or not the putt stays on line. This is a great drill that provides instance feedback.
Who Should Do It?
If you struggle to hit straight putts.
How Do You Do It?
- Place a yardstick near the edge of the hole and place a golf ball on top of the yardstick.
- Hit putts rolling the ball down the yardstick into the hole.
- If your ball rolls off the right side of the yardstick, your putter has an open face or your path is in to out.
- If your ball rolls off the left side of the yardstick, your putter has a closed face or your path is out to in.
- Pay attention to ball position as having the ball too far back in your stance will cause a push and the ball to roll of the right side of the ruler.